Master Catalog Warehouse (MCW)
The MCW is the main warehouse store which stores all the data from every store together. The below screenshot shows the MCW store on the admin panel.
The master catalog serves all storefronts , so any updates to a new or existing product incorporated into a catalog is visible instantly across the board. It enables centralized control over all stores and any changes that need to be made to catalog before moving it to the live site can happen here.
- A single supplier can be added to the MCW store and to single Marketplace store where it will share only those supplier items to MCW and from there to Marketplace where this Marketplace store will become one store.Also we can add multiple supplier stores and marketplace stores to a single MCW store.
- All items from different vendor stores move to the MCW and then the final marketplace stores.
Features Outline :
- The entire catalog from different stores will be stored in the MCW and pushed to the respective marketplaces/retail stores. Product data can be edited in the MCW and information like Item Prices , Titles , Item images and Descriptions can be modified from here
- From the MCW store we can also SEO related changes like adding/modifying SEO title, Key-words, Meta Title, Meta Descriptions of the Item and category
- Category profit margins for all categories on the marketplace can be added through the mcw by the admin before publishing items to the live site
Quote Information :
- Quotes from different marketplace stores can be viewed in the master catalog.If a customer has multiple stores to manage and receives quotes for different items from different stores , all the quotes can be viewed in one single place form the MCW.
Quote Information :
- For marketplaces , marketing promotions like Up sell/Cross sell of items and display of Featured and New items can be highlighted on the main marketplace store through the MCW store as it contains entire catalog information.
- or marketplaces , marketing promotions like Up sell/Cross sell of items and display of Featured and New items can be highlighted on the main marketplace store through the MCW store as it contains entire catalog information.
Moving Items from Vendor Stores to Marketplace :
- From the MCW store we can publish all the supplier products to the Marketplace and live website by moving products from the 'New' Status to 'Product is Complete' Status under Approve Products > Marketplace Tab as shown in the below image.
Items can be set to any one of the 9 status described below they are ready to be pushed to the live site. This helps catalog admins monitoring 10,000's of SKU's to keep a track of item QC and other information related to products.
New Status : All new items coming into the MCW store from suppliers comes to this status .The items may be from one supplier or 100 suppliers.
Properties Imported: Status when properties have been added for items.
Prices Imported : Items can be pushed to this status when the prices have been imported or finalized for all items before publishing to live site.
Product Images Uploaded: Set to this status when all images are uploaded to the product.
Product is in Progress: This status tells us the product is not complete and is still missing other information before it can be moved to the live site.
Validation Errors Found: When validation is done on the store and errors are found for few items , those items can be moved to this status and edited from here.
Product is Complete: Once an item is complete with all the right information , it should be moved to this status post which it will move to the marketplace and reflect on the live site.
Remove from Marketplace: Items that one wants removed from the marketplace will be moved to this status and deleted.
Hide from Preview and Shop: Items which need to hidden on preview site and live site can be moved to this status.
Products moved to 'Product is Complete' status > Rebuild Solr ( helps to re-index products again with complete data) > Publish to Live > Items move to Marketplace from the MCW.